I received an ARC of this book from Simon and Schuster Teen for free for review.
Hey Book Nerds! I just finished reading this novella bind up from Cassandra Clare’s Shadowhunter world and I loved it! Some stories I liked more than others, but they were all pretty entertaining. Some of them gave me all the feels! Here is a short look at my feelings on each story.
****Warning: May contain some mild spoilers****
• Cast Long Shadows – 3/5 ⭐️ This story was just ok for me. I couldn’t connect with Matthew’s character throughout the story and I just felt like he was being reckless and selfish with his actions.
• Every Exquisite Thing – 5/5 ⭐️ This story was magnificent. I loved watching Anna blossom, fall in love, get her heart broken and then rising from the ashes to be who she was always meant to be! I loved her parent’s reactions at the end as well! I may have teared up a bit as well.
• Learn About Loss – 4.5/5 ⭐️ I loved meeting Sister Emilia in this story and the ending! My heart!
• A Deeper Love – 4.5/5 ⭐️ This was such a fun look into a difficult era with both Tessa and Catarina being nurses during the war. I enjoyed this story immensely.
• The Wicked Ones – 3.5/5 ⭐️ I was really annoyed with Celine’s blind feelings for Stephen. He treated her so poorly and she couldn’t get over him. Her selfishness was the only thing that really made me not enjoy this story as much. I thought it was interesting looking back at Valentine and his circle again. Valentine was such a horrible person. What a great villain.
• Son of the Dawn – 3/5 ⭐️ I liked that we got to see the moment when Jace was introduced into the Lightwood family. That was fun, but the story just didn’t grasp me as some of the others did. It was just okay.
• The Land I Lost – 5/5 ⭐️ Wow. I am so in awe my the love that Alec and Magnus have to give. Also, learning about the story of The First Heir to tie everything together was very interesting.
• Through Blood, Through Fire – 5/5 ⭐️ Seeing Tessa do her change again was fun. I had forgotten that she could do that! Haha it’s been a while since I read TID. I was so scared for her and Jem for a while there and then the surprise at the end!! Had me in happy tears!! 😭
• The Lost World – 4/5 ⭐️ OMG I had almost forgotten what happened at the end of Lord of Shadows and this just brought back so many memories. I absolutely love Ty and Livvy and I’m really interested now to see what will happen in Queen of Air and Darkness after this. Plus, the Carpathian lynx sounds adorable!
• Forever Fallen – 4.5/5 ⭐️ I love the family dynamic going on with Jem, Tessa, Mina and Kit! And anytime I can see Malec and fam is a good time. They are adorable! I’m not sure what to make of Janus and Ash at this point and I hope I find out more in Queen of Air and Darkness.
Have you read these stories? Let me know your thoughts on them in the comments below!